Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Currently Reading: The White Queen

Maybe it's because of my new HBO and Showtime loves, Game of Thrones and The Borgias, but I can't get enough of Medieval and Renaissance stories.

I started reading The White Queen by Philippa Gregory. Set during the War of Roses in the 1400's. I've read books by her in the past such as The Other Boleyn Girl, The Virgin Queen, and The Boleyn Inheritance. All were great stories. I haven't read a book by her in a long time and forgot how quickly she can draw you into a plot line.

This book is about the War of Roses between the Lancasters, and the Yorks. The story begins with King Henry VI imprisoned in the tower. His kingdom has been taken over by King Edward IV. Edward IV has also just met and secretly married the Lady Elizabeth Grey. I've only read 100 pages so far, but they have been a fast read, and I'm looking forward to the train ride home so I can read more.

Image from www.barnesandnoble.com

No comments:

Post a Comment