Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Artist Inspiration: Julie Fritsch

Today we are featuring Julie Fritsch, an advertising, 3D, and product design guru in New York. I’m so excited to talk with her today and share her thoughts on her professional and personal life with you ;-)

Can you tell the Sweet Musings readers a little about yourself?
My name is Julie Fritsch and I’m originally from Milwaukee, WI. I got my BFA from the Rhode Island School of Design. I’ve been living in New York now for about four years.

Tell us about your art/design work. When did you start it? What are you currently working on?
I’ve been on a deliberate hiatus for awhile from the art I’ve known. I lived it, I breathed it, and I needed some fresh air, a new perspective, a new way to integrate it into my life. I know I’ll find the passion again. It’s not lost. It’s similar to sitting in one position too long and readjusting yourself. I’ve been working on advertising for my job. I’ve also been dabbling at doing 3D work and integrating that with product design. It’s a new avenue, and it’s an interesting one.

What are your current obsessions/inspirations?
At the moment I’m interested in visual advertising. It’s a form of art you’re constantly surrounded by, but rarely take the time to pick apart or recognize as art. I’m trying to stop and really analyze why good advertising works and why bad stuff doesn’t. I think its interesting that I can craft something that changes the way people think about a product. I like the wide audience it hits. Powerful stuff.

What is your favorite super hero and why?
Mary Poppins. If you think about it, she flies with her umbrella. She saves kids who are miserable and stays with them until they’re better. She makes cleaning fun – medicine yummy – and she has a great voice. Super hero in my book.

What is it like living in New York?
Wonderful. Exhausting. The excitement never stops. Its just how often you hop on and off the bandwagon.

What are you working on/ what are your hobbies when you aren’t working?
I’ve been trying to get better at the skills I have – photoshop, illustrator, Maya. When I’m not I’m busy throwing myself into “new” New York activities. Currently its volleyball!

What is your favorite childhood memory in three words or less?
Opening Christmas Presents!!

A special thank you to Julie for allowing me to interview her and introduce her to all of you. I hope it was as inspriing for you as it was for me.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment