Monday, July 9, 2012

A Picture A Day

Happy Monday Sweets!

How was your Fourth of July!? Mine was so wonderful and I'm moving a bit slow today trying to get back into the swing of things but I have a huge to-do list so coffee will have to do the trick...

Today since I'm all over the place I wanted to give you a peak into custom illustration work. When custom work is commissioned I typically provide three black and white sketches at the beginning of a project to show multiple options and the potential direction the illustration can go in. Usually the final is some type of hybrid between the options but sometimes the client will fall in love with one sketch or another and we just go with that. It's not because the other sketches are bad it's just that one in particular speaks to the client or is perfect for their brand more then the others. This particular project is an example of the later. It's going to be fabulous once complete and I'm very happy about where it's going but I do really like the other sketches as well so here is a peak at a discarded sketch. What do you think?



Have a wonderful week! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment