Friday, October 19, 2012

Diary of a Freelancer: Ups and Downs and missing my blog



I know I've said this before; that I love being a freelance artist and working from home because everyday is different and I never know what tomorrow, next week, or next month will bring. I also feel incredibly blessed at how terrifically busy I have been since I started and I hope it continues and increases even more. But with all of the excitement of my many jobs and unique days, I'm in desperate need of some grounding and regularity.

I am constantly working on finding a way to have some semblance of a schedule. Not a nine to five hour by hour schedule but more of a general guideline to keep me as focused and productive as possible. So far though (if I'm completely honest) I have failed miserably at this.

And basically this little write-up is leading to an apology and explanation for my lack of posts lately. I tend to get so wrapped up in each job I'm working on, and then when I'm not working on a custom order, I'm filling etsy orders, and if I'm not filling etsy orders I'm thinking about ways to better market and brand myself and my work, and when I'm not doing that I'm trying to keep active on twitter and pinterest and facebook because they are some of the easiest and definitely cheapest ways to market myself, and sadly, lately, my blog has fallen to the bottom of this list.

When I first started writing this blog my goal was to write a minimum of once a day, but on good days I posted twice. Now if I post twice a week that's a good week. And basically I wanted to let you know that I still love this blog, I love interacting with my readers, sharing my work, inspiration, and hearing about your thoughts... I  miss it a lot since my posts have been slipping. And so, I'm going to try, very hard, to find time to post more and to find that original flow and inspiration that I had at the beginning. I may never be able to get back up to once or twice a day, but I would like to post more then twice a week.

So with all that being said, back to illustrating, social mediaing, and loving my job! Have a wonderful weekend and I'll be back soon!

xo and happy Thursday!
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment