Thursday, March 14, 2013

Currently Reading: Lessons from Madame Chic

I just finished reading the book Lessons from Madame Chic, 20 Stylish Secrets I learned While Living in Paris by Jennifer L. Scott. Overall I liked the book. It was interesting and had a lot of wonderful ideas and inspiration based on the Authors time in Paris. The book explored most aspects of life from home and style to art and entertainment. The idea of living life to the fullest, taking pleasure in the small things, and appreciating quality and not quantity are the main focuses of the book. Great life lessons for sure. I especially loved the sections on beauty, style, and fashion as well as the chapter on clutter. I applied a lot of the ideas from this chapter to my own home and it felt wonderful. There are also pages at the end of each chapter "Le Recap" that laid out the points in a bullet list making it easy to go back and review ways to apply French ideals to life without rereading the entire book.

I do have a few issues with the book though. The Author mentioned that she hates being called pretentious but there were times that I felt like the word fit. She over shares things in her life and while I knew she was telling these things as an example of how she follows the French ideals they weren't always directly related in my opinion. That all being said, the book itself was great and the ideas of living like a Parisian and appreciating the little things made it a great read.

Has anyone else read this book? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment