Thursday, May 16, 2013

Currently Reading, Cookbook Review

Purchase It's All Good Here

I don't know about you, but I love cookbooks. Especially beautiful ones. They are like delicious coffee table books to me. And if they encourage healthy eating even better!

When I receive or purchase a new cookbook I read it cover to cover, like it's a regular book. I mark pages with recipes that sound delicious and I want to try, and just love them.

The above cookbook, It's All Good by Gwyneth Paltrow and Julia Turshen is fabulous. I know this book has a lot of controvery. Some poeple don't like it because they think she is a movie star and what does she know about cooking. Others don't like it because they just don't like her. Well, I like Gwyneth Paltrow. I think she is beautiful and honest and when I read about this cookbook I had to get it. The book came about because she was having some medical issues, including panic attacks, that were a result of diet. Gwyneth Paltrow worked with her doctor to learn about which foods were good, which were bad, and then developed recipes that encourage healthy eating, but even more importantly made her feel better.

What I like most about this book is that she makes these heathly recipes that are packed with flavor and you don't feel like you are being deprived. You are eating truely healthy and delicious meals.

This upcoming week I'm planning to do a detox week. In the book recipes labeled Elemination Diet can be used as part of the detox week. She lays out a weekly plan for you in the back of the book which I used as a guideline and then modified it for what I think is realistic for the week but also if I really wanted to try a recipe that was part of the Elimination Diet I added it and removed one from the list. This is what the menu I created looks like:

Morning: The Best Green Juice
Morning Snack: soaked almonds, kale chips, or an apple with almond butter
Lunch: Lees Chopped Vietnamese salad with grilled salmon and lemon vinaigrette, or Almond and Spinach miso with brown rice
Afternoon Drink: Pumpkin Pie Shake
Dinner: 1. Flounder, asparagus, and salsa verde
             2. BBQ Chicken Spanish Style with roasted Asparagus
             3. Turkey meatballs and spinach with miso almond sauce
             4. Tai style chicken burgers with carrots with black sesame and ginger
             5. Cauliflower and chickpeas with mustard and grilled salmon and lemon vinaigrette

Doesn't that all sound delicious!? I think I might actually enjoy the detox week!

Has anyone else used this cookbook? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment