|Between He and She Perfect Packing, Spring Break Packing Guide, and Two Twenty One Packing List|
I'd love to know; are you a good packer, a bad one, are you like me and basically bring your entire closet, shower, and makeup collection?
In honor of the Memorial Day weekend ahead, and the fact that I'm the worlds worst packer and am headed to Denver for a wedding, I wanted to do a post on packing advice and resources. When I first started doing research I had 15+ web pages open, I was looking for apps that worked, and I was reading tons of advice. Below are my favorite resources:
- Shabby Apple has a 12 piece packing list including 6 tops, 4 bottoms, and 2 dresses. I'm not sure how much it applies to my three day trip but it's still more helpful then my "pack the entire closet" plan. Shabby Apples' List
- Between He and She has an awesome packing list. Basically breaks packing down into basics, colors, shoes, and accessories. Between He and She Perfect Packing
- Sunglass Warehouse Blog breaks their packing list down by type of event. I really liked this version as well. It covers any event you might have on a trip minus a formal occasion. That being said, their list is geared toward spring break so you probably wouldn't have a formal event then. Spring Break Packing Guide
- Through a Pinterest search I stumbled upon the blog Wendy's Lookbook and found her post Up in the Air to be fabulous. She discusses how she packes what seems to be an incredible amount of things into her suitcase (including shoe boxes!) and gives ways to pack clothing to prevent wrinkling. My favorite advice was to pack delicate items in between two sheets of tissue paper and then roll it up like sushi. Wendy's Lookbook: Up in the Air packing list/Advice
- Two Twenty One has a downloadable checklist that was created for a blog conference but can be easily updated for any type of trip and includes things I always forget such as phone and ipad chargers. The checklist is at the bottom of the post. Two Twenty One Packing List
- And since your guys might need some help packing too Esquire has a great packing essentials guide. Esquires Vacation Packing List
What do you think? Do you have a perfect packing method you could share? Also I kept looking for packing aps but couldn't find one I liked. Any suggestions for a great packing ap?