Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I Heart the Hunger Games Trilogy

http://hungergamesdwtc.net
I fought it and I fought it... I was not going to read a kids book... And then, somehow, I ended up in Barnes and Noble, browsing the shelves, and left with the First of the three books. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.

I was really about to read it. I felt so silly... for maybe the first five lines... and then I was hooked! I finished the first book by the end of the next day, bought the second on my way home from work, finished that one by the next morning, and bought the third the third day in.

The books are a little dark but so addicting. Suzanne Collins creates characters that draw you in and a plot that moves at a perfect pace so that you literally can't put the book down. You need to know what happens to the characters.

Set in the future, in a country called Panem, where North America used to be. The country is run by the Capital and there are twelve districts that surround the Capital. The Capital is cruel and continues to make the citizens from each of the districts pay for an act of rebellion 74 years in the past. They hold games every year, and one boy and one girl from each district is selected to take part in. They will fight to the death and only one can be crowned winner. 

If you haven't read these books I highly recommend them! And if you have, what did you think!? I need to talk to someone who has read them lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment