Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Currently Reading



I recently finished two incredible books that I need to tell you about! One was The Satorialist Closer by Scott Schuman and the other is The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky.

In Closer, it's more of a book of photos then an actual story but it was incredible. The book is divided into sections, and there are short blurbs to describe a few of the sections, some of his inspiration, and reasons behind his photos. It was pretty awesome. The layout of the book was perfect. Each photo of each page compliments the photo on the facing page in layout or color or style. There is so much fashion, unique examples of style, and just people being people and what makes personal style and culture, and individuality. I loved it. And since I purchased it  I have flipped through it numerous times and each time I pick a new photo, image, or style that I love / start to obsess over. You really should go check it out :-)

The next book, The Perks of Being a Wallflower was my first book ever read on an e-reader. I got a nook and was a little unsure about the whole thing. I thought I would miss pages but it was actually really cool, easy, and I am a little obsessed now. So anyway, I digress, so I read The Perks of Being a Wallflower since I want to see the movie when it comes out. It was really cool. Told through the eyes of Charlie who writes letters to an unknown person whom he always addresses Dear Friend. Charlie is shy and anxious and does not have that many friends. He is quiet and observant and overly emotional. His letters personal stories and accounts of his days. Things he wouldn't really tell anyone else with the exception of his two best friends. He struggles with a lot of things and through the course of the book his struggle unravel until you find the source. It's an intense story. Not very light at all but it was so well told. The story overall was sad but still so good all at the same time. Just don't read it if you are looking for something sunny and light, but it is a great story overall about friendship, growth, and life.

Has anyone read either of these? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment