Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Diary of a Freelancer

Hi everyone, how was your Labor Day weekend? Mine was so nice. It was one of the only weekends all summer that we actually spent at home. Although my poor husband spent most of the weekend working on our bathroom but it looks incredible and is almost done.

I know I've said this before but my biggest challenge, since I left my job and went off on my own, is that I don't know how to turn my work brain off and my home brain back on. I look at this as a plus and minus. I'm so passionate about my job and succeeding that it is all I can think about but I also want to be able to relax a little because I think that it is an important balance and can keep the ideas fresh.

I worked on this over the weekend. I tried very hard not to work. To enjoy the holiday weekend and  relax. The only work I allowed myself to do  was for fun or personal and I was mostly successful. But it was a big step in the right direction.

I'm now running behind this week and yesterday was a bit hectic but I'd like to think it was all worth it. Finding time for myself and spending time with my hubby, and of course working on our home.

And now onto fall! My favorite time of year! And of course time to get back to work and back on schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment