Wednesday, November 28, 2012

From Concept to Reality

Hi there and how was your Thanksgiving!? Can you believe it came and went already!?

I certainly can't. It's one of those holidays that I look forward to for weeks and weeks ahead of time. Basically as soon as fall hits I'm thinking about turkey and mashed potatoes. And then you sit down to eat and an hour later it's over. It definitely goes by to fast. And then once it's over we are onto the winter holidays. And lately I have been a holiday card producing machine! So many custom orders this year. From small tweaks to exisiting designs to completely new creations, like the one below.

This was created for the lovely Missy. I had so much fun working with her and creating such a girlie holiday card! When she contacted me she sent me the two top images from LilyPulitzer.com and told me that she wanted a preppy holiday card that included a girl holding a pile of presents, the color pink, and her dachshund. I was so excited about this idea that even though I normally only create black and white sketches in the first group I ended up doing full color! I really wanted to figure out how to add pink and make it festive. What do you think about the final? Do you like it?

And, as an added bonus, if you are in need of holiday cards or gifts, or have just been thinking about getting something from my etsy shop for awhile... well Michelle Baron Studio is having a 30% off sale until Friday! Take a look and enter the code HAPPYHOLIDAYS at checkout!

Hope you have a great week.

xo

Michelle

Don't forget Michelle Baron Studio 30% off sale until Friday! Take a look and enter the code HAPPYHOLIDAYS at checkout!

No comments:

Post a Comment