Wednesday, March 20, 2013

A Picture A Day









































I was approached by a family friend, who's two oldest girls, (who I used to babysit) are turning 16! So my first reaction was "OMG I'd Love to!" and then my second reaction was "And when did I get this old!?"


Their family is very involved with Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) and they will have candy machines at the party that accept change and the change collected from them will be donated to CHOP. With this idea in mind they wanted the invitation to be candy themed, literally "sweet" sixteen. I just loved the idea and thought it was so incredibly generous and selfless that these 16-year-olds wanted their party to benefit a wonderful cause.

They wanted the colors to be pastels, and needed the invitation to include the information about the cause of the party and let their guests know to bring change.

The final invitation has the dot candy pattern on the outside. It's a three fold invitation and a custom candy pepermint sticker seals the invite closed. Once un-folded/opened the invite reveals the birthday girls on the left with the invite in the center and the information on the right. It also has an rsvp postcard.

What do you think?

Thank you to Tracy and the Martin Family for allowing me to create their invitation for them.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Impressive and so cute! I love the CHOP idea, too! So awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete