Thursday, August 29, 2013

A Picture A Day

I've shown you peaks at this book awhile back, and I know you are probably thinking this book isn't done yet?! And yes, it has taken me the better park of a year to get it together, but I'm so happy with the outcome and can't wait to show you the final, printed, version.

Back story, the text changed about three months ago. It was needed but it was a hard decision anyway. So I went from using one story to a completely different poem type story and then, as a result, had to change one of the illustrations so that it would better reflect the text. This made me a little nutty. For starters the illustration I had to change was one of my favorites in the entire book so it was painful to let it go. So I'd stare at this blank page, sad about the old illustration, and then just not draw anything there. So then I finally did some research, thought of ways to make "me" look not so content, and then started drawing. And the more I thought about it the more important this page became. It's not my standard "happy" "fashionista" type image, and so it would serve a huge purpose showing my range. And the more I thought about it, the more I liked the new page.

A special thank you to all of my incredible "editors" I would not have been able to get this piece to where it is today without you!

xo

1 comment: