Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Diary of a Freelancer



It's been a crazy couple of weeks but they have also been the kind of weeks that remind me how lucky I am to be a freelancer and make my own hours. I've been getting back into TRX workouts which I took a short break from over the winter. I've been taking walks with friends on a great trail near my house. I've spent a few days with my parents decorating their new living and dining rooms. I've been cleaning out and updating my own house. And I've been making sure to be more social overall since this winter I hid in the house more then I probably should have.

So that's the personal fun. Then for work and education's sake I signed up for a Skillshare membership and I think I'm addicted to it! I have been taking incredible classes all online and in my own time and they are beyond inspiring. My favorite class so far is Courtney Eliseo's Beyond the Logo: Crafting a Brand Identity. It was probably the most inspiring class. Not only was Courtney absolutely fabulous but just check out the other student's work, it will blow you away. I highly recommend this class to anyone who is looking for ways to make their business branding and marketing shine and is unsure of the next steps or who just needs a little help or push.

And, of course, I can't leave out my actual work! So many fun jobs are in my schedule right now. I've been working on some very cool projects including a CD cover, a children's book, wedding invitations, logo and corporate designs, and numerous blog headers.

Ahh spring, you are making me love life!!

How's your spring going? What are you doing to stay inspired? I'd love to hear about it!


No comments:

Post a Comment