Wednesday, February 25, 2015

New Petite Chic Illustration From Concept to Reality

see more options here! Available in five hair shades and two skin tones.



If you follow me on Instagram you already got a peek at this new illustration but I wanted to share more here, especially the process of how she was created. This is a new addition to my Petite Chic series that has been added to my shop. I really loved the process with this one and wanted to show you a little more then just the finished product. Also I've come up with cute names for all of my other Petite Chic illustrations and this one is sadly missing a title. Any ideas? I'd love to hear them! 

1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8

So this illustration started with the images above. There was just something I loved about them individually but especially as a whole they really took on a new life. The color, style, patterns, and playfulness of these made me want to jump into illustrating something fun and to create something unique from them. I wanted to showcase the whimsical and feminine quality but still have some sporty or unexpected elements so that it wasn't overly girly. 


The sketch above was my first pass at the illustration based on these images. I just thought it was a bit to girly and to obvious. I've used cute handbags and other fashion accessories in the past and I really wanted this one to stand on it's own. So when moving onto the final illustration I switched from the cute bag to the puppy and the melting ice cream. I just felt like they added more to give her a life and personality that the purse did not. I love the finished product and think the changes from the black and white sketch are great. 

What do you think? Do you like the final? Or do you prefer the original sketch? I'd love to know your thoughts! 





3 comments: