Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Diary of a Freelancer: Part Eight


A Bride and Groom's Mad Lib

And their place cards ... just need to be folded


A puppy napping on vogue

A fortune to remember

A beautiful Cape Cod wedding
Gah! Where have I been the last week!? I don't even know... I need a better balance in my life... or an assistant... maybe both! I'll work on that this summer... at least the balance part...

Here is a little run down of what I've been working on and things to come over the next few weeks:

1) Alt Summit Channel features awesome hour long classes about everything from blogging, and branding, to life and finding a balance. The classes are only $15 and are all online. They are at various times throughout the day and they provide great ideas, teach me so much, and allow me to connect with people I wouldn't normally have the opportunity to meet. My favorite so far was Turn your blog into a Brand (and then your brand into a Business)


2) I had an incredible consultation with Meg of the blog Mimi and Meg. She was so supportive and honest and told me things I can do right now, and things to work on over the next few months to grow my company, my brand, my etsy site, and how to better network.


3) Thanks to Meg's (see above) encouragement I joined Twitter...I know, I know, how behind can I possibly be... but I have to say I'm loving it!! Follow me here!


4) The super secret, o so exciting project, I keep mentioning but have told you very little about is officially at the printer. I should be able to reveal it to you at the end of this month!! It's been such an exciting project and process and I can't wait to tell you more about it! I feel so blessed to be apart of it!


5) So so exciting custom projects that range everywhere from a logo design, to a cup design, to a portrait, wedding stationery, and lots of anniversary prints!!

6) I signed up for the Girl's Guide to Web Design Jet Setter edition an online course that teaches you everything you need to start/set up a new site ... while I do know code and can create a website the technology and current tools are ALWAYS changing... it can be a little overwhelming and I definitely needed a refresher... especially with all of the new updates and branding I need to do... and this course is prefect for me... I can log-on and follow the classes on my own time and move ahead to the next lesson as fast or slow as I want... really allowing me to get the most out of the course without feeling overwhelmed.

I'm loving life!

No comments:

Post a Comment