Monday, November 5, 2012

Diary of a Freelancer: Power Out



So you know how two weeks ago I said I missed my blog and promised to write more etc... and then I only posted once last week!? Well I promise I have a good excuse. As I'm sure most of you know hurricane Sandy slammed into the east coast last Monday into Tuesday and it was a pretty scary storm. Luckily my husband and I did fine and our house only lost power for a few days, but so many people were affected so much worse by the storm and my heart goes out to all of those who had home and property damage, especially those at the Jersey Shore, New York, and Connecticut!

As blessed as I feel for how well we got through the storm and feel so lucky since it could have been so much worse, since we did loose power I was not able to work through the first half of the week last week. Our power was off from late Monday until Wednesday afternoon and so I lost Tuesday and Wednesday as work days. AS a result Thursday and Friday were spent catching up on work that I was now two days behind on and prepping for the Collingswood Farmers Market on Saturday am. So I let the blog go, again, but I'd like to think that if it wasn't for the craziness last week I would have posted, at least, two more times! But even so, it's something I really wish I was able to do.

I hope all of you faired well in the storm and are doing ok. I also hope you have a wonderful week this week! I'll keep you updated on new illustrations, jobs, and things as I move forward this (hopefully sunny) week!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment